Tuesday, March 2, 2010

one of those days


so i am having 'one of those days' that everyone moans about from time to time. please, don't me wrong. nothing horribly tragic has happened. no one is going to be devastated or upset by things that have happened. it is just 'one of those days.'

i suppose it would help if i had help. yeah, i have been flying solo at my job for about 4 months now. does not seem like i big deal, as i am obviously managing, but it is now starting to be revealed that there are things i never knew, and were therefore doing them wrong. *sigh* i am not a fan of doing things wrong, but i can't read minds. just sayin'

so today has been a day of rushing to get certain things done and trying to keep other things from going wrong. as far as getting my 'ducks in order'... well, it just ain't happening right now! i have calls every day... somewhere between one call and 5.... asking to get into our program. unfortunately, i am full. like... full full. as in, no, you cannot. i am sorry you need your ged. i understand, but i did not make you drop out, so don't take it out on me. seriously. do you want me to help you ever? then be nice, dammit. otherwise, you are going to be SOL...

right now, my waiting list is for people who will start july 1st. today is march 2nd. that is one day short of four months away. i know no one wants to hear that they have to wait. i know that. but hey, i don't make the rules.

ok, enough of that. the other thing that is making it 'a day' would be that i have discovered one of my students is in prison. he was picked up last week, apparently. i can't say i am sad about this, except for one thing. his mom stopped by to pick something up and she is the one who told me he is incarcerated. know what made me sad? she didn't even seem that concerned. yeah, that is what made me sad.

ok...back to my day. two more hours and i can go home. hopefully i won't find out anything else that might rattle me more. hopefully..... HOPEFULLY... the rest of the day will be quiet. whoops... i probably just jinxed it! ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment


my joy.... sophia, amelia and louisa